- This event has passed.
Encapsulation – May 2019
May 7, 2019 @ 8:30 am - May 9, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
This two and one half day training event is all about two-piece hard shell capsule filling.
We will be featuring common equipment used in the encapsulation of pharmaceutical and dietary supplements capsules. We will focus on a step by step explanation of each unit operation within the manufacturing process, common terminology, and practical knowledge of each topic. Hands on breakout sessions will be part of this course!
Who should attend:
Managers, Supervisors, Operators, Quality Assurance, Tech Services, R&D, and Maintenance.
What will you learn:
The participant will be able to quickly look at a formula and determine the processes used to manufacture it. They will be able to go into any pharmaceutical or supplement company and understand the equipment and the manufacturing pathways.
Even the most experienced veteran will gain from this seminar. This will be the most enjoyable and educational seminar you have ever attended.
- How capsules are made, common problems with capsules as a raw ingredient, vegan capsules, capsule filling technologies, manual, semi-auto, intermittent and continuous motion technologies.
- Preparing powders for encapsulation and formulation, order of addition, bulk and tapped density issues.
- Setup, operation, cleaning and preventive maintenance
- Capsule defects and defect resolution.
Topics & Schedule
Day 1—8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Powder Performance
- Machine types
- Capsule technologies
Day 2—8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Manual capsule filling technology—hands on
- Tamping style encapsulation—hands on
- Dosing style encapsulation—hands on
- Continuous encapsulation _ Demo
Day 3—8:30 am – noon (lunch served) 1-5 open session
- Capsule Polishing
- Capsule Inspection
- Hands-on qualification and certification
- Summary / Q&A
Course Fee and information
This course fee will include a detailed course manual, personalized training certificate
- Single: $1,995
- 2-4 People: $1,795 each
- 5 or more people: $1,595 each
*Classroom doors open at 8 am Dress: Casual